Last updated on January 31st, 2023 at 03:21 pm
Believe it or not, but homemade ice cream is one of the most nutrient-dense treats out there. We love ice cream, and one of the best little kitchen investments we made, was to buy an ice cream machine.
It has been such a blast, creating the most delicious ice cream flavors right in our kitchen.
I prefer to use raw milk and cream as the base for our ice cream. Raw dairy is generally very easy to digest, and not to mention delicious.
This is a very simple and creamy vanilla ice cream, filled with everyday kitchen ingredients.
Vanilla Ice Cream
- 2 cups raw cream
- 1 cup raw milk
- 2/3 cups maple syrup
- 4 pastured egg yolks
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine the raw milk and cream in a small pot over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- In a separate small pot, whisk together the egg yolks and maple syrup. Whisk vigorously over low heat until it forms a custard-like consistency,
- Slowly whisk the maple syrup mixture into the cream and milk mixture.
- Refrigerate the ice cream mixture for 2 hours to cool down.
- Once cooled pour into your ice cream machine, and let it churn.