Last updated on January 31st, 2023 at 03:17 pm
We love making these energy balls, on occasion for a change in snack rotations around here. They are delicious and do wonders for keeping our energy stable, even when we are at our busiest.
They are deliciously sweet, thanks to the dates, while the raw cacao makes them delightfully chocolaty, not to mention the coconut oil and nuts that give you all the goodness to stay energized and satisfied.
I love that we can make a big batch of these energy balls and keep them in the fridge for a while, that way you always have a delicious option when the mid-afternoon huger hits.
We love this occasional nut-infused snack.
♦ I don’t recommend overconsuming nuts and seeds. If you do choose to consume them, always make sure that they are properly prepared.
Recipe: Pecan And Chia Energy Balls
- 1 ⅓` cup pecans
- 14 oz medjool dates, pitted
- 4 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp filtered water
- Place the pecans in the bowl of a food processor and pulse a few times until they are nice and crushed.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl of the food processor, and blend until everything has mixed together. It will have a sticky consistency.
- Line a baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper. Roll the mix into balls, and place in the freezer for 1 hour to set.
- Once set, transfer the energy balls into an airtight container, and store them in the fridge.
- Simple grab one straight from the fridge when a craving strikes. Enjoy!