Last updated on January 31st, 2023 at 03:14 pm
I am such a huge fan of using everyday real food ingredients in the kitchen to support the body on the onset or during illness.
Food can be such a powerful form of medicine when used correctly.
I try to have all these staples on hand in case we need them. These flu and cold remedy shots are a must-have tool in every winter wellness cabinet.
Pineapple contains a significant amount of vitamin C, fiber, and manganese which is a super important cofactor in cellular energy production. The core of the pineapple contains an enzyme called bromelain which is known to alleviate the pain associated with a sore throat and loosen congestion in the sinuses.
Lemons have antibacterial properties and also play a role in lowering inflammation.
Garlic has volatile oils that are antibiotics that can be so useful in supporting the body through colds and coughs.
Ginger contains volatile oils that have anti-inflammatory properties (similar to NSAIDS) so it can be such a great way to support the symptoms of colds, flu, and headaches.
I will always be supportive of whole real foods, to support, aid, and strengthen the body when sick.
Natural Flu & Cold Remedy Shot
- 6 lemons, juiced
- 3 cups pineapple juice (no sugar added)
- 1 bulb of garlic, peeled
- 1- inch fresh ginger root, peeled
- ⅛-¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender, and blend until smooth. Pour through cheesecloth - alternatively use a very fine strainer.
- Store in a glass jar in the refrigerator.
- Drink 6-8 ounces every few hours upon the first sign of feeling unwell with the flu or a cold.
Disclaimer: This article is not intended to provide medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.